Thursday, June 28, 2012

I have plenty of time, right?

So people (by people I mean my mom and my sister) have been telling me that I need to start my baby registry.  In my mind, I have plenty or time to do that.  I know what you are all thinking, she is just procrastinating again, but let me explain.  I am not a spontaneous person, I am a planner.  I like to think about things and research things for a LONG time before I jump into something.  Those of you who know Jason know that he is quite the opposite, which is one of the many reasons I love him so much.  You just mention something that needs to be done, even if it is just a passing thought, and before you can blink, we are getting it done.  I am honestly not sure how I ever accomplished anything without him.  Guess it just took a really long time. :) 
Unfortulately, I don't think Jason can really help me out with the baby registry.  I can't even get him to stay in Target for more than 10 mins so I can only imagine what dragging him through a Babies R Us would be like!  It is not like I don't want to do it or that I have not been thinking about it A LOT. . . it is just the thought of having to make that final decision on everything.  It is all so overwhelming to be honest.  There are so many baby products out there and a million options for everything.  I honestly don't know how anyone can be expected to make these decisions! 
Let me give you an example. . . about a month ago I started looking at infant car seats, which lead me into looking at strollers because I need to be able to use the infant carrier with the stroller for the first few months (or 22 to 30 lbs as I have learned).  So now I need to decide if we should make the investment and purchase a really nice stroller now that we can use all the way through Lucy's toddler years or do I just want to choose a stroller that goes with whatever infant carrier I choose and then purchase another one later once Lucy gets older.  Ugh!
I know at the end of the day whatever stroller we end up will be fine and the same goes for the other items that will eventually be on our registry.  I think I just like knowing that I have had the time to research everything and am not jumping into these decisions blindly.  Plus, if I wait till I am under more pressure to do these things, (which I am guessing will be in a few of weeks when I am at the beach with my family), I will be forced into making that final decision.  I mean, I will have everything narrowed down, so all that that will be left is just to choose one.  Plenty of time for that, right?  :) 
I wonder if I will change at all after Lucy arrives?  I am guessing I will have to, at least a little. Change is a good thing though, I am ready for it and I think Lucy is just the girl to help me with that!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment